Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Weird, the weather is.

I almost dare not look at all the perennials that I planted recently, as there was a frost over the weekend.  Some of them I had just tucked in on the 17th.  Hoping that some of these purchases from Wayside Gardens made it.  I received the box on Tuesdsay, but didn't open it until Saturday.  The Weigela 'My Monet' babies looked pretty peaked, and one of the Coreopsis 'Little Sundial' had foliage that had turned completely to mush.
 
Usually the problem I have in not opening my boxes on time is that the plants dried out.  These were still way too wet in the box, and the nursery uses Styrofoam packing peanuts for shipping.  Brent and Becky's used newspaper, and Bluestone Perennials has ingenious waxed cardboard packing trays.


Still waiting on my John Scheeper's bulbs - I hope they make it to me before the ground freezes.  At this point, it's a crapshoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment