Monday, June 24, 2013

Broadfork to the rescue & Plant ID

Out with the old, in with the new.  G helped me dig out an overgrown/half dead ornamental grass (the broadfork continues to return on investement) and I put in a bee balm "Claire Grace" which has a lovely saturated magenta color.  I almost put in "Coral Reef" instead, which is hot pink, but saw Claire sitting there all lonely and wilted, and G likes more saturated colors anyway.

Finally figured out that the blue wildflowers are Chinese Forget-me-nots and came from the Velcro-like seeds that kept clinging to me last year.  They're taking over quite a bit (like everything Chinese, it seems), so I think I'm going to deadhead the seed pods once the flowers quit.  The bees love them, but I don't want them to out-compete everything else too much, including the three red poppies that came up this year.  Teach me not to use 100% native seed mixtures...



 



No comments:

Post a Comment