Thursday, October 31, 2013

Fall back! Fall back!

Daylight savings time is nearly at an end.  The kids get to trick-or-treat a little bit later than they did in my day, which is good because neither of us get home until after 5 PM.  With the sun setting before 7 PM now, there's precious little time for us to get to see the little goblins. 

I sent Broccoli Boy to the grocery store solo the other day.  He bought way too much candy, 2 bags each of Milky Ways, Kit Kats, and Reeses' Peanut Butter Cups.  Maybe he subconciously decided that he'd give the kids double the amount of candy since last year's trick-or-treating was effectively nixed by "Superstorm" Sandy (that bitch).  At least he bought candy that we like.

My favorite holiday and I did nothing to decorate for it this year, too damned tired to manage to do all of the stuff I have to do let alone the things I want to do.  I figure bribing the kids with chocolate to ignore my lack of spooky will have to do.

I've got the better part of 50 Allium moly "Jeannette" bulbs to finish interring into the ground before it freezes.  Hard to believe because the next couple days are going to be in the high 60's before taking a swing back down to the mid 50's on Sunday.  No worries, it gives me time to rescue some more ripe tomatoes and peppers off the vine before we get a hard frost.

No comments:

Post a Comment